From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:33:50 -0500
On 12 Jan 99, at 17:23, Aaron Morris wrote:

> The long and the short of it from Ed was, open bottom boards are GREAT for
> ventillation but he noticed no improvement regarding varroa.
>
> Aaron Morris - thinking no silver bullet here!

Well at least I stirred some discussion on anti-varroa floors. Nice to see
others agreeing with ventilation though.
        I am just trying to absorb a whole wack of data from a variety of
sources regarding a variety of anti-varroa floors and at first look seems
to be very promising, but as Aaron says perhaps not the siver bullet.
Still my major concern is easy access to ants which seem to plague
my yards. Still no discussion towards a scatter type of prevention. No
comment on 'Comet'?

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre, Owner
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Queen Rearing Equipment.