From:
George W Imirie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:06:52 EDT
Hi! All Newbies and Bee Experts:
Saturday, I attended the Maryland State Beekeepers Meeting, and two of the
principal speakers were Dr. Scott Camazine and Dr. Diana Sammataro, both with
the Honey Bee Research Dept. of Penn State University.  As always, they were
excellent speakers on timely subjects.
However, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, having gained a nice financial grant, the Mid
Atlantic States of PA, MD, NJ, DE, AND WV have formed a CONSORTIUM to study
honey bee problems and particularly strengthen the Extension Service in all 5
of the states.  EVEN MORE IMPORTANT was the "discovery" of an existing WEB
site about all kinds of things about bees and coming events and dates of bee
meetings, etc.  I came home and have been reading it ever since; and was
particularly surprised (and pleased) to find my own name listed as a Workshop
Instructor about Queens and Swarming at the July 12-18 E. A. S.  meeting in
PA.
The Listing of me is totally UNimportant, but the "words of wisdom" as a help
to beekeepers given in either of two WEB SITES is really great for us all.  I
hope you enjoy them, but more particularly UPGRADE yourself from maybe a
beeHAVER to a much needed beeKEEPER.
If you come to EAS, please say Hi to ole disabled George!
                                                                                        George Imirie  -  65 years with bees

The two WEB SITE ADDRESSES:  http://www.psu.edu/dept/beehive/           and
                                                  http://apicultureNE.cas.psu.
edu/