From:
Peter Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:48:24 GMT
 CHRS: IBMPC 2
 CODEPAGE: 437
 MSGID: 240:244/116 45eec59b
 REPLY: 240:44/0 70445533
 PID: FDAPX/w 1.12a UnReg(424)
Hi Bob,
I wire all my frames, deep brood frames I divide into four equal spaces and
punch holes throught the side bar centres, the punch sets a brassed eyelet into
teh wood. I pull a  stainless steel wire through the eyelets and tye it off
around a gimp pin set into teh edge of the frame side, I then proceed to strain
the wire using small pliers at each eyelet until I reach the reel end of the
wire where I tye it off around another gimp pin. (about five revolutions not a
knot) I knock the gimps pins in with a hammer. I then crimp the wire with a
pair of rotating cogs.Next I set the foundation into the frame and pass a 50 or
25 volt ac current through the wire momentarily, yes the wire expands but
contracts almost immediately becoming once again tensioned, the timing is a
skill you will soon learn, if you dont you will have three pieces of wax laying
on the floor each time you electrify the wire.  I bought all the bits, punch,
eyelets, wire and crimper in Germany for about twenty quid some time back. a
twelve volt dc charger will do as will a car battery. Best of luck.
from the garden of England (Kent)

---
 * Origin: Kent Beekeeper Beenet Point (240:244/116)