HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert L Schuyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:15:30 -0500
I would also like to congrtulate Mike Polk, Don Southworth and their many
colleagues who made SHA 1999 in Salt Lake City a smashing success. What a
wonderful meetring. As Chair of the SHA Awards Committee, I, and I am
sure, our 1998 President, Pam Cressey,thank the many people who made the
Awards Ceremony on Firday night so enjoyable. The banquet-awards program
at each table was a nice touch.

I would also like to urge all SHA members to come to Quebec in 2000.
Again we will have an excellent Awards Ceremony. For those of you who
have not heard it, RODERICK SPRAGUE of Idaho is the J.C. Harrington
Medalist for next year. We will also be giving three (actually 6) SHA
Awards of Merit, including one to Robert Grenier [We look forward to a BIG
turnout of Bob's underwater colleagues] and one to Marcel Moussette of
Laval University. The final Award of Merit will go to four institutional
groups which have supported the historical archaeology of the city of
Quebec.  A major first time addition will be the first
presentation of the new John L. Cotter Award in Historical Archaeology.
We hope for a solid turn out of beginning professionals, including
students, to see this first presentation.

Please come to Quebec and do sign up for the Banquet-Awards Ceremony. For
those who find the banquet cost a bit high, we will have seats put  so
you can attend the Awards Ceremony after the banquet.

ON TO CANADA IN 2000.
                                Robert L. Schuyler
                                Chair, SHA Awards Committee