From:
Scott Fairing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:13:34 -0700
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:14:13 -0400 "Glen B. Glater" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Someone has called me about bees that have taken up residence in the
>wall of the house.
 If time is not a factor, This will usually work.
Cover the hole with screen and a bee escape. Place a hive with drawn comb
if you have it, if not foundation will do as close to the bee escape as
you can. a ladder will work sometimes. The workers, not able to return to
the hive in the wall will take up residence in the new hive. Requeen as
soon as strength starts to build in the new hive or you can add a few
frames of brood if you have them and let the workers make one for you. I
like to spend the few $'s to get one I am pretty sure I will like. After
3 to 4 weeks, the longer the better, you can pull off the screen and bee
escape. Your bees will go into the old hive and kill the old queen and
rob all the honey stored in the walls. This will keep the honey from
running through the walls when the bees are gone and the weather warms up
saving the homeowner a lot of work and mess.

In HIS Service

Robert (Scott) Fairing

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]