From:
Frank Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 23:45:48 -0400

> Should my tactic be to remove the excluder to get them to work the
> foundation in the empty super?  Will they eventually "move" the honey
> from the brood chambers up into the honey supers?  Or will the honey
> remain, causing congestion and a tendency to swarm?
>
> Marc

Remove the excluder and they will move up, then you can replace it.  They
will more than likely move the honey from the brood box to the super if the
queen is laying well.  I usually put foundation on top of drawn comb or
partially filled supers and move it down when they start drawing the
foundation.

Frank Humphrey