From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:11:37 -0400
Date sent:              Tue, 25 Aug 1998 03:24:18 -0400
Send reply to:          Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
From:                   Charles Frederic Andros <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Buckfast, by Lloyd Spear, and rough handling.
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Here are a few comments:
>     I tested some of Roy's Weaver's Buckfast queens by chance.  I found a
> hot one in the bunch, lots of supercedure, and no brood to spare in the
> spring for nucs.  Plenty of late honey, but no early honey.

You're not alone in your observations. Certainly agree with the other statements
in Charles' original post.
        Genes not handling produce angry bees.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, ON, Canada.L3V 6H1
Phone- 705-326 7171.  Fax 705 325 3461.
North American agents. E.H.Thorne(UK)Ltd.
Ventilated Hives and Equipment
David Eyre... Owner
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks