From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 21:24:22 -0700
Hi all,

The apple guy at the San Francisco Farmers's Market is really curious about
Africanized behaviour.

A bee person told him of a beekeeper who wore a face mask to mask his breath
out a hose a some minimal distance -- enough to not disturb the bees -- and
he was able to work without disturbing them. He was really anxious to see
know if this were an excitement trigger.

I could go hit an Africanized FAQ and would appreciate any leads, but I
thought someone would be able to speak to this observation immediately and
possibly provide a quick and easy overview of the attack psychology or other
"slightly-more-informed-than-general-information" viewpoint.

Thanks for allowing this general inquiry -- I told him that I would ask this
listserv and he was really disappointed this morning that I didn't have an
answer for him.

Thanks for your consideration.

Robert MacKimmie
The San Francisco Branch of Marshall's Farm Honey