From:
BeeCrofter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:34:06 EDT
    Wood chips work great for smoker fuel and the local tree company drops off
12-15 cubic yards of them in my driveway probably more than enough to fuel the
smokers in the USA for a week or two. Although I also use them as garden mulch
to keep weeds down.
   The 5lb paper sacks that sugar comes in are the ideal smoker fuel
containers as they provide the kindling and hold at least a days worth of
fuel.
    Cherry and pine seem to smell the best and at the end of the day I put a
wad of paper in the spout which stops the smoker and leaves enough dry fuel
inside to start the next day.

Tom