From:
STEVE PHILLIPS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:39:23 -0500
Alan Montgomery wrote:

>I was wondering where your source for both the midnite and >carniolan queens are?

I have had excellent results the last two years with New World Carniolian queens from Strachan Apiaries Yuba City, CA 95993  phone 916-674-3881  fax: 916-674-5802, although I haven't ordered any this year.  The bees are very good natured, IMHO much more so than the Buckfast that I have kept.  The bees produced well for me . The queens from Strachan seemed to be mated almost exclusively to Carniolian drones, since virtually all of the offspring look like Carniolians.  (Carniolian queens I've gotten from other sources had obviously mated with Italians, in part.)

The service from Strachen was very good.  They seemed like nice people.  Next time I order queens I will order from them.

Steve Phillips
Perry, KS