From:
"Alyn W. Ashworth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:36:44 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Excerpts from BEE-L
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>This is very important if you are a BoB subscriber (you are) but also want to
>be able to post to BEE-L and access the BEE-L logs for searches, you may need
>to send a new subscribe message to [log in to unmask]
>---
>
>From:          Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
>To:            [log in to unmask]
>
>LISTSERV wrapped up the annual CONFIRM BEE-L exercise at 00:00 hours
>today.  339 subscribers were dropped from the list.  I suspect some were
>not able to figure out the CONFIRM instructions.  A handful of the dropped
>users were no longer there (the farewell message bounced back to me).
>But I was surprised that the number was so high.  BEE-L subscribers
>currently number 523.
>
>Aaron Morris - not sure what to think about this one....

From talking to other subscribers in the U.K. I get the impression that
many are rather disappointed with the overall content. I thought that
the Bee List was a discussion of Bee Biology, and I accept that this is
a very broad net to cast, but I high proportion seems light-years off
topic. Even BoB has very dubious stuff (Nelson Mandela, Value of Wax,
Honey Market News etc). After assault by irrelevance and unsupported
opinion ("I guess it must happen this way........."), the temptation is
to vote with ones virtual feet.

--
Alyn W. Ashworth
Lancashire & North-West Bee-Keepers' Association. UK.