HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert L Schuyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:40:44 -0400
Yes, we are drifting.

Actually there has been some fine historical archaeology done, and is being
done, in Panama at the among other sites Panama Viejo. Also there has been
some historical archaeology done in the Canal Zone (New South Associates?).
Perhaps some members could give us some references so we could make this
discussion more on point and not cause more problems with our colleagues
in all of Latin America.

                                Bob Schuyler

P.S. A good summary article for HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY on the historical
archaeology of Panama (or Central America) and also a separate such
article on the current status of historical archaeology in Puerto Rico
(another location of some fine work) would, I am sure, be given due
consideration by our Editor, Ron Michael.