HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:02:55 +0200
David Babson schrieb:
> That's a good answer!

yeah, but i got something back from him where he obviously failed to see the
irony of the whole thing: something about closer racial ties between the
lost tribes and europeans west of the rhine than africans or
east-of-the-rhiners: failed to see that we weren't taking his nonsense
seriously...

> At 02:34 PM 4/5/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >I challenged the implicit racism in Davidy's posts to stop them:
> >
> >Recent, and entirely reputable, DNA analysis has apparently proven that an
> >ethnic group from Zimbabwe and South Africa are of Hebrew descent (the
> >group's priestly caste shares the same unique genetic marker as most
> >male Cohens).  I simply cited this to Davidy and then asked him if he had
> >plans to carry out the same genetic testing on "Celtic" populations.  I
> >haven't heard from him since.  Apparently from his perspective, Africans
> >don't make as convincing a lost tribe as fair-haired white Celts...

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/