HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:57:37 -0700
Dear List:

Yes, egg on my face.  Apologies to all members and thanks to those who have corrected
me as to my faulty spelling.  It is a remnant of a flour sack and not a floor sack
that secured the bundle of basket making material.  The 1960s date in my previous
message was the time in which the rock shelter was excavated and not the time period
the flour sack remnant is thought to date from.  It is from a museum collection that
is just now being looked at.  The collection appears to be both prehistoric and
historic Indian remains.  From our searching, it seems that there are numerous PIONEER
flour millers, but none to match the words BEST BO__ER FLOUR, so far.  Again, thanks..