HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Betsy Cassebeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:34:25 PST
Let's not forget the popular press - "Antiques" magazine, and even
"Early Colonial Homes" and "Martha Stewart" have articles on ceramics.
The pictures are pretty if nothing else.  For example, here are two
articles I randomly pulled out of my files:

Horne, Jonathan
1993  "John Dwight, 'the master potter' of Fulham". Antiques
CXLIII(4):562-571.

Goldberg, Hayden
1987  "The architecture of Charles Bulfinch on historical blue
Staffordshire. Part II: The later buildings, 1810-1832". Antiques
CXXXL(2):434-443.

Some will say that these types of collector articles should be taken
with a grain of salt - and that's true.  But if you collect a variety of
articles, you can weed out the chaff.

Betsy Cassebeer
[log in to unmask] (personal)
[log in to unmask] (corporate)

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at
them in our turn?"  Jane Austin "Pride and Prejudice"