HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Mouer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:18:57 -0500
Alasdair,

I generally agree with your observation that few archaeologists take a "global"
view, which is fine with me. The fact that some archaeologists have been thinkin
and working in that direction is good news, as far as I can see. So what's the
problem? And why are you derinding Caribbean programs like mine...they do in fac
take rather sheltered urban American young folks and expose them to global,
international, cross-cultural experiences and insights? Are you turning into a
serious curmudgeon here? And damned if I would permit MY students to drink Red
Stripe, when there's perfectly good Banks to be had for less! Lighten up, friend
.

Dan

--
Dan Mouer