HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Jane L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:51:51 -0500
Hello everyone,

I am posting on behalf of a colleague.  Please forgive cross postings.

Can anyone point me to references regarding moccasins made and used by
native groups in Utah?  The sample seen (by my colleague, not me) was
made of leather, stitched with what appeared to be plant fiber, and had
a double sole.  The collector said the mocassin was found on the ground
in Utah--nothing more specific than that.  (For all I know it was found
in a parking lot of a grocery store.)

I know this sounds lame, as so few simple, but important questions were
not asked or answered.
Nevertheless, any help would be appreciated.

Jane

--

Jane L. Brown                                     [log in to unmask]
Anthropology and Sociology                 (828) 227-3696