HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:35:26 -0800
In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, France was making and exporting
a lot of devotional art to the New World (including Latin America).

I would suggest that you use the keywords "saint's medal" or "religious
medal" when searching for information on this. Also, there are books on
religious iconography (or symbolism) that should help you identify which
saint's medal you have. We find quite a few of these medals on Spanish
sites here in the borderlands.