HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lee Unterborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 01:07:46 EST
One possible resource that you might want to contact is:
____________________________________
American Funeral Service Museum
Operated by funeral giant Service Corporation International, it is the
nation's largest collection of historic funeral service memorabilia and
artifacts. A historic collection of memorabilia and artifacts providing
education about one of our most important cultural rituals. The museum
documents the funeral service from ancient Egypt to the present.
Highlight exhibits include restored horse-drawn hearses, vintage
automobiles and a one-of-a-kind 1916 Packard funeral bus. The "Funerals
of the Famous" gallery includes information and memorabilia from the
funerals of EIvis, Valentine, Abraham Lincoln, Dwight Eisenhower, Martin
Luther King Jr., John F. Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Vince
Lombardi, among others. Open daily.
415 Barren Springs
713-876-3063
Houston, TX

Lee R. Unterborn
MyWebsite(Coast Artillery, Fortification, Military History, Annotated
Bibliographies on Military Subjects, Library Links):
ADDRESS:http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/2869/lee.html
Also: Site O, Fortress and Artillery
Site:http://members.aol.com/lru217/siteo.html