HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
edward otter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:06:00 -0500
Hi Mark,

    I did a Phase I survey back in 1991 called "Phase I Archaeological
Survey of Two Proposed Dam Project Areas (Lick Creek 1B and 2A) In Dante,
Russel County, Virginia and West Dante, Dickenson County, Virginia."  Dante
and West Dante were built soley for coal miners and has no other reason for
existence (or jobs).

    The project was only a Phase I and the state chose to write off the
historic sites that would be impacted in  what I thought to be a good
example of a corporate town.  You may not get much out of the report but
thought I would let you know it exists.  I can't put my finger on my copy
but the VDHR should have one.

Ed Otter