HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"John P. McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 17:11:27 -0800
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:51:02 -0600 (CST)
From: "Jeanne A. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
To: John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A message from Linny (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:34:50 -0500
From: Antonia Montague <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: A message from Linny

To all of Mike Parrington's friends,

Linny has asked me to send this message out to all of you:

This is going out to all the people who sent such wonderful good wishes to
Mike and me and the family. Mike is holding his own. He did very well for
the first few days after the initial aneurysm rupture (Friday, Feb. 7th)
followed by the operation to clamp the aneurysm the next day. He was indeed
sitting up and eating solid food and doing all those good things.
Unfortunately, as is not unexpected, he is now (as of Thurs.) experiencing
some complications and has suffered something of a setback. There's no
point worrying about what his long-term prognosis is at this point; the
doctors refuse to entertain questions along those lines! I *can* tell you
that he has total movement in all extremities. We will just get him out of
the hospital and then get him well again. I do want to say from the
fullness of my heart that to get the cards and the e-mail messages is just
so heartening and warming for us. I have them pinned up on his bulletin
board in the room and the nurses are very impressed by his far-flung
electronic correspondence!! I'll (through Toni) keep you posted. Linny :-)