From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:38:43 -0800
At 08:11 PM 3/1/98 -0800, you wrote:

>I drove over to my apairy and lo and behold the swarm had settled in a tree
>10 feet from her balcony. She was amazed how easy it was to bring the bees
>to this point. Prior to settling in the final spot, she had walked to the
>opposite end of the balacony, hitting the pan and the bees followed.

>Is this a wives tale??  Has anyone had other experiences with setting up
>vibrations in the air from hitting pans??

Good to read its good for the bees in SB, sorry to read your bees are
swarming out on you. Must be your bees cause all the wild ones died long
ago according to some, and all the rest are in the valley doing almond
pollination according to others.

Yep, well if it works, this OLd Drone once fell victim to one of those OLd
wives tales about using a shot gun to bring down swarms too high to get any
other way. I carried a shot gun for weeks before I at last found a swarm
high enough to try out my new knowledge. Loaded up the old double's
chambers with double OO shot and blasted away..after using up a box of
shells I guessed I missed some part of the old wives story because the only
bees that came down were in bits and pieces.

Maybe I would have had better results just firing into the air or something.

Well as soon as I get my tape recording of banging pots and pans, and shot
gun blasts I will try playing it as soon as we get a good day for swarms
and see if I can attract some bees.

ttul, the OLd Drone
... The Spider and the Bee. Fable x.

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!