HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:01:01 -0600
Hello,

As some of you may know, I run a "Universal Timeline" on the Internet, but
up until now it was only viewable.  I'm still working out the finite
maintenance issues, but you can now add events to the timeline via the
WEB!!  For anyone who is wanting to add research or events to a timeline,
this is a pretty neat way of doing it.

The way I have it set up is:

1) Visit http://www.utopia2.com/~mdyoung/time.htm
2) Choose what you want to do.  Search is pretty nifty, but I really want
to start populating the database with more information.  From that page you
enter the year, description and reference.  The reference can be HTML or
text.  If you choose the HTML radio button, it will turn the reference into
a link that can be followed from the search page.  Try it -- it's pretty
neat.