From:
Curtis Seyfried <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:43:03 -0500
After reading the Bee Loss Survey article conducted by Penn. State U. on
their state's bee colony losses for the 1995-1996 winter over season. I
think it is very important ecologically to have a survey performed on a
large a scale as possible.

As we all know bee pollination of plant-life is of paramount importance to
human survival.

But, unfortunately the general public, particularly city dwellers do not
understand this, nor know of  the declines that have been occurring.  Our
respective world-wide governments also are not Fully aware of this problem.
 This needs to be made a visible public issue before it is too late to take
action.

I am certain that many of the increases in diseases, and parasites have
been exacerbated by environmental pollution in general, as well as global
transfer of non-indigenous parasites.  Globalization of transport has
reached critical mass, and has little or no "Real" controls over
indiscriminate spread of species.  I think the Varroa and tracheal mites
are just the tip of the ice berg, and a 1st  WARNING of things to come.

I have a great deal of database knowledge and experience. I also have
experience in performing surveys and scientific study and analysis.  I
would be interested in knowing if anyone else, individual, group,
association, etc.  out there would be interested in collaborating on
collecting information from as many geographical locations as possible on
bee colony losses.

Please contact me either through the list, IF this will be a list-wide
discussion. OR Preferably personally, if the discussion and collaboration
will only be among a few of us.  This will save on list Traffic, which
everyone else would appreciate.

In recent years Global InterNet communications has proved itself, and the
people who participate, as a very powerful and useful tool in dissemination
information, and in MAKING CHANGES !  It always takes one 1st step to get
something going.

Peace and Good Health, (;->)
Curtis Seyfried [log in to unmask]     CS Enterprises     POB. 110675
                Brooklyn, NY. 11211     (718) 599-2458
========================
B.Sc. - Environmental & Life Sciences,  1992,  SUNY Empire State College

MA. - Environmental  Policy Studies and Analysis - SNYESC, 1996

Diplomas - New York University  --
                Paralegal Studies, 1995
                Building Construction Project Management, 1988.

Consultant,   Researcher   and   Educator  --
Science, Technology, Legal  &  Alternative Medical Research.  Waste
Reduction Studies  &  Audits.

 Working to promote local economic growth through the formation of
cooperative businesses,
revolving around food waste composting, local/regional high value
agriculture, and cooperative marketing. Waste-to-fertilizer-to-food-to jobs.
A quote from John Warren - "You never know when, where, how, or under
what circumstances, you will see something, hear something, read
something, experience something, or meet someone who will change your
life forever.  Look for those experiences in 1998!"

"Technology is of no use to us if it is used without respect for the earth
and its processes." -- Aldo Leopold