From:
George W Imirie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:52:04 EST
Joe;  I replied to Paul and told him that he could purchase a written
instruction by Dr. Dyce, the "discoverer" of creamed honey methods back in
1927 for $1.00.
Call Brushy Mountain Bee Farm at 1-800-233-7929 (1-800-BEESWAX).
But it would appear that YOU need some help.
ALL honey crystallizes (except Tupelo) depending on the ratio of Glucose to
Fructose.  Hence some honeys take a lot longer to make into creamed honey than
others.
The EASY WAY: Find a creamed honey that you like for its crystal consistency.
It should be almost like butter, with no grittiness or sandiness.  THIS honey
will be your STARTER and you will use 10% of it.  Mix (by hand, an electric
mixer will insert air into the mix, so it must be mixed by HAND) a pound of
your selected starter creamed honey with 9 pounds of your honey, and sit it
aside at a temperature of 57 degrees (temperature is extremely important).  If
your honey was a quick crystallizer (high in Glucose), you will have creamed
honey made in about 10-14 days.  If your honey was slow to crystallize (high
in fructose), you might not get creamed honey for 20-30 days.  The closer you
can keep the temperature to 57 Degrees, the better.  I had a refrigerator
repairman change my thermostat and freon amount until my "creamed honey
refrigerator" cycles between 55 and 59
I sell it for $4.50 per pound.          George Imirie