From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INFORMED Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:25:20 -0800
At 09:18 AM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

Hi Bee Folks,

Of course the poster below is right and in the near past it was indeed a
real hardship on the majority to have some poster post long articles all
were not interested in or just don't have the time to read, and it may
still be that way today in a very few locations. To these people I
apologize but must say if you are not interested in what anyone has to say
then there are way's of blocking that person's posts from your mail
box...check with you system administrator...For most of us e-mail and list
mail is not a problem.

As to the contents of my own posts I assume all responsibility for the loss
of friends it may cause, but you can be sure that some effort does go into
each article and consideration is given to what pain it may cause others
and myself as no one likes hate mail. Sure there is good, bad, and ugly in
all things including beekeeping and I am not the one to sort this out for
the group and only report the good,..and in fact I personally want to know
the downside of most new things before I make adjustments to my own life's
work.

What is not said by the poster below is what he would like this list to be
about and who he would like to see posted here?  Not just who he would
not.<G> I am for making adjustments but must know a little more then I what
I am doing is a bore which is far from the realities in this list.

Dr. Jerry and I, as many other experienced posters know the rules of good
posting, and we use them, sometimes it looks personal but don't be confused
it is not.. it also is not to polarize the list into groups.

What it is that I want other then share with you our own experiences and
ideas is that you read what we have to say....and THINK !  Why, because I
don't know it all and you may think of something I missed, in that way we
all win. I can handle being told I am off base, and I know how to end any
tread...

Why not take it to personal e-mail you ask? Well we do, but there is
nothing more attention getting to think that the whole world is watching.
As painful as this process is it is informative and does require both sides
of any issue to expand and reinforce their ideas and this is good.

I thank all who take the time to read what I post as they do others knowing
I am not going post my experiences in one or three paragraph. Special
thanks to those who not only take the time to read but post back their own
thoughts, good or bad, with style or with none.

ttul, the OLd Drone
Los Banos, California
http://209.76.50.54