From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 08:02:42 -0800
Andy,
Thanks for the response. I was a little concerned because the thread was moving
away from FGMO vrs PGMO into how clean is a hive.
The main point is - it is not as clean as you would need to use FGMO.  I see no
reason not to use USP grade MO.
"We only use U.S. Pharmaceutical grade MO in our hives. Why, you trust it on your
baby's skin, which is why we treat our bees the same way."
The MO I bought for making bees wax hand cream is not even USP but says,
"Laboratory tested, quality guaranteed". And on the back it gives directions for
both internal and external use, so you can drink MO that is not indicated as USP!
The key point is all this, which I am sure will be lost again, is that PGMO is as
safe to use as FGMO because once applied, FGMO and PGMO lose the standard to which
either is made. I am not advocating using the MO I bought for hand cream, but I'll
bet it also is as safe as either FGMO or PGMO.
We still need information concerning MO, no matter what kind, getting in honey. I
doubt it does, but research is needed.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME

Andy Nachbaur wrote:  a response to Marian Pintilie