Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Dave D. Cawley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:59:03 -0400
        In early May I made a split out of a bursting hive of Starlines.
I took a number of frames of brood of all ages and most of the adhering
bees. I also gave them two deeps of varying degrees of drawn comb
including four full deep frames of capped honey.
        Two weeks later I saw no queen cells. So I swapped some undrawn
frames out with some frames with swarm cells from the Starlines (who
comtinued to try to swarm). They have almost a whole deeps of frames piled
high with pollen and honey, some frames are half pollen! But there are
only a few eggs laid and there are new swarm cells on the bottoms of the
frames that are ready to be capped. There are also 4 full frames that are
completely UNDRAWN. I'm confused as to why they are bringing in so much
pollen when there's almost no brood and they don't seem concerned about
drawing the other comb, but want to swarm...I thought splits were
supposed to be easy. *shrug*

Dave D. Cawley    | Where a social revolution is pending and,
The Internet Cafe | for whatever reason, is not accomplished,
Scranton, PA      | reaction is the alternative.
(717) 344-1969    |
[log in to unmask] |                     -Daniel De Leon
                  URL => http://www.scranton.com