HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MR ARTHUR A REITER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:49:49 -0500
Dear Debbie,
   are you dealing with individual farmsteads or communities? I know
of one community that some researchers, at New Mexico State
University, were interested in excavating, at one time, but had not
finalized any plans. The community was called Blackdom and was
located in southern New Mexico (to the best of my recolection). I do
believe that some research was conducted, but am not sure exactly
what was done. What I do remember is that the community was founded
after the Civil War, but was abandoned. I would suggest you contact
Dr. Ed Staski at NMSU, he's in the directory for the Society for
Historical Archaeology members. Hope this helps.

Joanne Reiter