HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dendy, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:23:05 -0400
Here we go again. I *have* seen the show in question and I am familiar with
the techniques in question. Dr. Art Aufderheide has performed similar tests
on desiccated humans from South America and gotten good results. HOWEVER,
despite the claims of the media, this is clearly a case of contamination.
Not counting the continuous exposure to smoke, there is the possibility that
the nicotine comes from pest control products. The "cocaine" could easily be
from a number of nineteenth or early twentieth century products ranging from
stimulants to stomachics. Moreover, the results cited have never undergone
peer review. Don't you love this sort of quality research?

John Dendy