HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:23:58 -0500
...I'm not certain, but that sounds more like part of a state seal...the
following citation is for a book I used while cataloging a button
collection at the Smithsonian.  If you can find it, it is great and made
easy to through its numerous photos.  Also, I've forwarded your post
onto my reenacting company commander, who is a great historian and a
Mason.  Perhaps he will recognize the symbol.  Would enjoy seeing a post
of what you determine the artifact is! Good luck!

VivianLea Stevens
Curator, Software Programmer, Reenactor & Erstwhile Historian

CALL NUMBER: NK3670 .A48 1973
AUTHOR:   Albert, Alphaeus Homer, 1891-
TITLE: Record of American uniform and historical buttons, with
supplement ... 1775-1973 [by] Alphaeus H.
                 Albert.
PUBLISHED:      [Boyertown, Pa., Boyertown Pub. Co.] 1973.
ESCRIPTION:    448, 28 p. illus. 22 cm.
SUBJECT:   Buttons--United States.
SUBJECT:  Buttons--Collectors and collecting.
NOTE:  "First edition, with supplement." First ed. published in 1969
under title: Record of American uniform and historical buttons ...
1775-1968