HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Julie D Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:49:11 -0400
> I am helping a student locate information on archaeological investigations of
> general stores or rural stores during the 19th or early 20th century.  Does
> anyone know of any references to such projects?

While not a rural store, your student might be interested in a monograph
about a Gold Rush era store in San Francisco.  Citation is:

Allen G. Pastron and Eugene M. Hattori, Editors
1990    "The Hoff Store and Gold Rush Merchandise From San Francisco,
California" in Society for Historical Archaeology Special Publication
Series, Number 7.

Julie Abell