HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carolyn Breedlove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 12:11:25 -0600
Would you mean perhaps the reconstructed Ft. St. Jean Baptiste des
Natchitoches in Natchitoches, Louisiana?  It was built according to a
plan of the original French fort in a location slightly downriver of what
is believed to be the original location.  The reconstruction is a state
commemorative area.

Carolyn Breedlove
Interpretive Ranger
Cane River Creole NHP