HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Floyd A Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 20:13:51 -0400
 Hello Fellow Historical Archaeologists,
    First off, let me Thank everyone for their advice/information on the
subject of African American Archeology in response to the inquiry I posted on
Histarch.  I have followed up on several sources and have found them to be a
veritable mountain of info.  Secondly, I have an additonal project that I'd
love to get your feedback and advice on.  I am doing a paper on Classical vs.
Historic Archaeology and would like to know if anyone can suggest any resources
that describe Classical Archaeology's theory and methodology from the
perspective of a Classical Archaeologist.  I have found several sources which
serve to describe Historcial Archaeology's theory and methodology as well as
point out the differences between the two disciplines.  However, I would like a
more "insider" perspective as to what Classical Archaeologists do.  One of the
general themes in my paper will be to look at what Historical Archaeology can
offer Classical Archaeology and vice versa.  If you have any thoughts or
suggestions on this matter please let me know.  Thanks again for your input on
my orignial inquiry and I hope to hear from you.
Sincerely
Floyd A. Jones