HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Beau A.C. Harbin, Catholic University of America" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 00:35:59 -0400
Greetings to you all.  This is my first posting but I hope I can assist with
the query.  I do not know of anything in Ontario, however, I do know of some
excavations in Northern Michigan for the period in question.  These are from
the Archaeological Completion REport Series Number ## Mackinac Island State
Park Commission, Mackinac Island, Michigan
#3 Excavations at Fort Michilimackinac: 1978-1979, The Rue de la Babillarde
        by Donald P. Heldman and Roger T. Grange Jr.
#6 Archaeological Investigations at French Farm Lake in Northern Michigan,
        1981-1982: A British Colonial Farm Site by Donald Heldman
#12 Excavations at Fort Mackinac, 1980-1982: The Provision Storehouse by
        Robert T. Grange Jr.

The Commission has put out lots of these and would probably be helpful in
getting you copies or point you in the right direction.

This may be out-dated but try:
Donald P. Heldman,
Director of Archaeology
Mackinac Island State Park Commission
Mackinaw City, Michigan 49701

Best of luck,
Beau A.C. Harbin
"A historian is a prophet looking backwards." - MFMC