HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"L. D Mouer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:38:23 -0500
The Powhatans of Virginia used crystals--"pyramidal stones"--as offerings
to the gods, as reported in a number of different sources. I have
recovered raw quartz crystals, as well as beautiful tiny Clarksville-type
points made of flawless crystal quartz from late Woodland sites along the
james River in the Piedmont.

Dan Mouer
Virginia Commonwealth University
http://saturn.vcu.edu/~dmouer/homepage.htm