HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Jane L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:43:27 -0500
Fellow Folks,

This is off the current topics.

Some weeks ago I wrote to the list asking for information about
availability of the edited volumes of William McDowell--The Journal of
the Commissioners of the Indian Trade (2 vols.) and Documents Relating
to Indian Affairs.

Several people responded, some gave me hope of locating these
out-of-print works, others reminding me that they are out of print.
Amazon had one of them listed, but by the time I ordered even they were
posting it as out of print.

I did take Carl Steen's advice and tried the South Carolina Archives and
History. Their publications website is
http://www.state.sc.us/scdah/nativeam.htm.  They have all the volumes,
and the price (some you will eat your hearts out) is $10 per volume.  I
downloaded their order form, faxed it, and had my books within a week.
I am one happy historian.

Just want to thank those who responded to my initial request and inform
others if they want these books.

Jane

--

Jane L. Brown                                     [log in to unmask]
Anthropology and Sociology                 (828) 227-3696