From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:52:14 -0600
>... I have learned  that if you take a black plastic garbage bag and cut
a circle equal to  the diameter of the bucket you have your honey in...

Although otherwise this seems like a workable idea, my understanding is
that black plastic -- especially the types used for garbage handling --
may be unsafe for food use.  At very best they are not food approved and
may be from (unknown) recycled sources.

There have been extensive discussions some time back on BEE-L about safety
of materials used in honey handling.

Allen

---
Newsflash!  Visit http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
to search BEE-L archives the easy, easy way or to
update or change your subscription options.
---