From:
tomas mozer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:50:56 EST
trevor's and peter's postings have rekindled my curiosity on the date(s)
of  early introductions to the new world...does anyone know if the
vikings were beekeepers at the time of their vinland settlement in
Newfoundland (about a millenium ago)?
I too have heard of a date in the 1530's for a presumed (Spanish)
introduction, but have not been able to find documentation for this...my
2 editions of "the hive and the honeybee"(1975&1992) do not  have the
1963 e.crane reference previously mentioned, could you post it more fully
(peter)?
(trevor, what  response(s) did you get from beebrazil-list, you mentioned
something from Portugal?)
any further info would bee appreciated, thanks!