From:
Frank & Phronsie Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 10:30:45 -0400
I read an article in one of the bee magazines on the subject about 2 years
ago.  The article stated that Canada had rejected  several shipments from
China.  This about the time that Canada and the US were having trouble with
China dumping honey on the two markets.

The article also stated that detection had been refined to the point that it
was very hard to get adulterated honey by the USDA or its Canadian
counterpart.  The biggest problem is funding.  As everyone knows, very
little of the honey, produced by smaller producers, is tested.  I do believe
however,  that the markets these producers serve are very discerning.
Anyone selling to a small market and adulterates honey will probably run out
of customers.

Frank & Phronsie Humphrey