HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Mike Polk)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:33:06 EST
SHA 1999 CONFERENCE, SALT LAKE CITY

This is a reminder that December 14 is the last day to possibly get a room at
the Salt Lake Hilton at the reduced conference price of $89.00 plus tax.  I
have been told that we are overbooked for our block of rooms on SOME nights,
but that the hotel may still allow some more reservations (that was several
days ago, though).  The hotel will let you know where to call for other
accommodations if they are full.

Also, please note that the SHA 1999 Conference Web Site has been updated and
includes the FINAL PROGRAM on it including paper titles, persons names, dates
and times for each paper.  I am going to be updating other portions of the
site this weekend to include other current information about the conference,
as well.   The web site address is:

http://www.konnections.com/sha1999

If you have not sent in the REGISTRATION form sent to you in the packets in
October/November, PLEASE send it in so that we know what you want on your name
tag and if you want to attend the banquet, Ogden reception, roundtables or
tours.  We have to know about much of this data to notify the hotel about food
requirements, for bus reservations and other arrangements.  PLEASE SEND IN THE
FORM EVEN IF YOU DID SEND IN AN ABSTRACT FORM (CALL FOR PAPERS FORM) AND FEE
EARLIER THIS YEAR.  These are two separate documents needed by the Conference
Committee to complete registration for each individual.

Thanks.

Mike Polk
Conference Chair
SHA 1999 Conference