HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cathy Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 13:19:07 -0500
     Dana:

     There have been several replies on the HISTARCH listserve which will
     help the original inquirer, I believe. Don't go to much trouble over
     this.

     Your observation about the other uses is an appropriate one. I found a
     cannonball in a hospital trash pit in Sitka, Alaska, and shortly
     thereafter saw a mid-19th century advertisement for cannonballs which
     advised wrapping them in leather and rolling them across the abdomen
     for relief of constipation!

     Cathy