HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Terry DelBene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 07:40:06 -0700
I'll let the Utah Archaeologists speak for themselves.  Yes there is "Mormon"
archaeology...   Some of it occurs here in Wyoming. Take, for example,
Dudley Gardener's continuing work at Fort Bridger, much of it focusing
upon the Mormon  wall.  I'm doing work trying to locate sites from the
Utah Campaign of 1857... specifically supply trains burned by the Mormon
Militia.

By the way it's the 150th anniversary for the Mormon Trail and there likely
will be  related projects going on all the way from Nauvoo to Salt Lake
City.

What's the betting line on the ice breakup this year?