From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:13:55 -0800
At 07:18 PM 1/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Andy, I hate to disagree, but while what you say may be true in
>California, it does not seem to be true in Texas, which is the heartland
>of the AHB invasion.  There are swarm traps every mile across Texas from
>the Louisiana border to the New Mexico border, and they are checked every
>two weeks (or so the head bee inspector for Texas tells me).  There are
>also lesser trap lines gridded in behind the big one.  With all this
>deployed, they have seen only a couple of counties added to their
>"infected" list in the last two years.

Sorry your are right, I should have added some states such as Texas do have
state programs which have replaced Federal programs and can continue from
now on if there is the will, money, and political support and there is no
beekeepers asking any questions as to their purpose, just maybe because of
the fear of persecution or having their bees inspected to death.

ttul, the OLd Drone

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!