From:
Pollinator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 15:14:38 EST
From:   [log in to unmask] (Vince Coppola):

<<When we first began to select, the
local population had already been exposed to t mite for several years.
We found that about one fourth of the preselected colonies were valuable
as breeders. In Ont. began selection before their bees were exposed for
very long. They got about one in ten. Evidently we got a benefit of some
natural selection.>>

One beekeeper put it succinctly, Vince:

   "Breeding from live bees is a form of natural selection."

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm