From:
Marian Pintilie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:08:17 +0200
Hi Randy

Thanks for your answer

>         Well, foul broods are caused by microorganisms, and they definitely
> aren't desirable!  Chalkbrood, nosema, dysentry....all "diseases", so
> they wouldn't be considered "clean".

I did not said that propolis is a perfect antibiotic, obvious there are
some little creatures which can survive it , especialy if the hive is
not wealthy (Strong )enough to produce the desired propolis.
Fortunately these diseases are not transmisible. But not this is the
point. What I intented to say is that the interior of the lived hive
is cleaner that our hands , air from our house or even our mouths
because propolis kill a lot of unwanted guests.
Can somebody prove the oposite with scientific tests?

If will be proved that interior of the hive is not "food grade"
than oviously the honey will be not commestible before sterilization
:)

 Old brood comb darkens, from bee
> excrement, not a really "clean" event.

I knew that comb darkens because of deposit of "shirts" leaved by
larvae, not other type of waste.

  I work in a microscopy lab, and
> don't feel much need to research what I feel is proably the obvious,
> hives are "dirty".

Scientist must research. If you like to be lead by feelings than you
should work as an artist :)

I still would like to find a chart of the amounts of microorganisms
found in hive, honey, a healthy mouth, air, a washed hand , a dirty
one , one dirty of a car mechanic ...

Is a really subject of study if we cosider the microorganismms on a
whole, or by types dangerous for health.

Does anybody raise the glove?

Costel