From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:52:17 -0600
> ... Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary funds <snip> the funding for
> performing laboratory tests that are being suggested for FGMO to receive
> the "blessing" of approval. >

Tests for beeswax contamination with mineral wax products are cheap and
routine.  I imagine any serious beewax rendering/marketing firm has access
to the tests.  However, in this particular case I have arranged to have a
sample tested for you at no charge -- if you will send a 3 ounce sample of
wax from a hive that has been treated with FGMO for a year -- or preferably
more -- to:

Western Wax Works (Attn: Mario)
P.O. Box 3909
70 Alberta Avenue
Spruce grove
T7X 3B1

Be sure to include a note saying what the sample is and why it is being
tested, and that I talked to Mario about it Feb 3rd.  And, of course
include your return address to receive the results.  Alberta Honey Co-op is
the net, so the results could be returned to you by email if you give your
email address.

If others have samples of beeswax that comes from FGMO treated hives that
might be worth testing, I am sure that Western Wax Works will do tests for
a very nominal fee.  The phone number is 1-403-962-5573.  Email address  is
<[log in to unmask]>  They are also on the web at http://www.beemaid.com/

(As a point of information here: WWW is a division of the Alberta Honey
Producers Cooperative (AHPC) which is a producer-owned co-op.  AHPC and
their partner, the Manitoba Co-op own and package the Beemaid brand of
honey.   Beemaid both buys honey from non-members from time to time and
packages other store and generic brands.  They welcome enquiries at the
above contact addresses).

Allen

---
FAQs?  There is no BEE-L FAQ - as such - but you can
search for answers to most common questions by visiting
http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
or send email to [log in to unmask] and say
Search BEE-L KEYWORD(S)
('KEYWORD(S)' means a word or words unique to your question)