From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:19:46 EST
Good question!

There have been a lot of inquires since the anecdotal testimonies to
FGMO last week.  A lot of the questions appear to come from newer
subscribers who have not been around for the entire discussion of Dr. R's
FGMO treatment.

Please remember that the reported mechanism of this treatment is that
the FGMO clogs the spiracles of the Varroa mites hence blocking both
respiration and transpiration (breathing and the passing of water
vapor through the V. mites' body walls).  This could account for at
least a small quantity of the applied FGMO.

I imagine most of the FGMO is absorbed in wooden ware, then critters
(both target mites and greasy bees) and that very little makes it into
beeswax itself.  However, my imagination is no substitute for good
empirical data.

Aaron Morris - thinking empirical data cost a lot!