From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 21:02:00 -0500
You lucky folks! Pollen comming in already! Almond buds swelling. Pollen
in Maryland already! And a week of it at that. I promise not to use the
H word! *S* Up north here, pollen is at least two months away. If it
comes at all. Literally! The " ice storm of '98" really wiped my prime
bee territory. You'ld have to see it to believe it. Just about every
branch on every tree is gone. For hundreds of square miles! Let' see -
Speckled Alder and Pussy Willow - our first pollen of the season -
smashed. Soft Maple - savior of the starving colony - no branches left.
That fuzzy white pollen from Poplar - won't get much I guess. What else.
Fruit bloom? Basswood? Brambles? Field crops - covered with three inches
of ice. What do you think FEMA will think of this claim. Probably
chuckle like Dick Army did when I called him once. Bees? Ha, ha, ha. I
promise not to use the "H" word.  Mike