From:
Frank & Phronsie Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:23:36 -0500
Last year in one municipality, the argument was maid that honey
bees are wild creatures and not livestock.  Beekeepers simply
provide a place for them to nest and the bees make the decision
to stay or go.   This is the same thing we do with bird houses
yet birds are not considered livestock.

With the swarming season we had last year,  the removal of kept
bees will not in all cases, remove bees from a given area.

Frank & Phronsie Humphrey